In this article
Do I need to register to use Loop?
If you’d like to send files, you will have to create an account. If you’re just receiving, previewing, downloading, you can do so without an account.
Why does my upload speed fluctuate?
At Loop, we do everything we can on our end to make sure you can share and get feedback on your files.
To try to identify the root of the issue, here are a few things you can do to get the best speeds possible:
- Check your internet connection. More often than not, when experiencing issues online, your internet service provider (ISP) is the culprit.
- If your computer is disconnecting from the network while on WiFi, try to move closer to the source.
- Try closing other apps running on your device. If too many apps are running at once, it might affect bandwidth.
- Make sure the files you’re trying to upload aren’t open in another program. If they are, it may affect the file’s ability to sync.
- If your files are on an external device, like a USB flash drive or an external hard drive, try moving them to your local drive before you try to upload them.
- Try using a different internet browser.
Why did my upload fail?
There are a few reasons your file upload may have failed, including:
- Unstable internet connection: Internet connection interruptions can cause your upload to fail. Try to upload your files again on a more stable internet connection.
- Out of storage: If you’ve run out of storage space, you won’t be able to upload any new files. Try deleting old conversations to free up space.
- Incompatible file names: Loop file names can’t contain any of the following characters:
\ / : * ? " < > |. Please rename the file using different characters.
What should I do if I forget my password?
No worries, it happens to the best of us! To reset your password, just go to the login page and click the “Forgot password?” link. On the next page, fill in the email address associated with the account and click the “Reset password” button.
After that, be sure to check your inbox for further instructions.